Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mmmmm..... Gravy.....

If you LOVE gravy and if you LOVE sour cream, you will LOVE this meal!

Now, I would love to have shown you a picture of this meal but once this hits the table - it's history!

This is one of our faves here in Hick Town and it is from an old Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.

Enjoy!
*******

Pork Chops in Sour Cream

6 pork loin chops, cut at least 1/2" thick
3/4 teaspoon dried sage, crushed (I used a really great chicken rub instead)
2 tablespoons shortening, optional (I use olive oil)
2 medium onions, sliced
1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules (I also like to use the Better Than Bouillon - Chicken or Beef both make this fantastic!)
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup dairy sour cream (I always add lots more)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons snipped parsley

Trim excess fat from chops; set aside. Rub chops with sage; sprinkle with salt and pepper. (I spinkle with garlic, too) Heat shortening (or oil). Brown chops; drain. Add onions. Disolve bouillon granules in water, pour over chops. Cover; simmer 35 to 40 minutes or till meat is tender. Transfer meat to platter; keep warm. Skim excess fat from drippings; measure 1/2 cup drippings and set aside.

Combine sour cream and flour; slowly stir in reserved drippings. Return all to skillet. Cook and stir till bubbly. Pour over meat; garnish with parsley. Makes 6 servings. (Ha! Not around here!)

Note: You will really, really want to double the gravy ingredients so you have plenty for your mashed potatoes and biscuits! :)


*******

.

2 comments:

  1. I could not live in a world without gravy! I would almost rather have it than dessert sometimes! I will be making this dish next week! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would like this one! :) I thought of you when I made it!

    ReplyDelete